Recipe by: Suzanne M. Munson
- 6 green bell peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.five ounce) can total peeled tomatoes, chopped
- one teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/two cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- one cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (ten.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- water as required
- Add all ingredients to record
- Include all substances to listing
- Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil. Lower the tops off the peppers, and eliminate the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for five minutes drain. Sprinkle salt inside every single pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until finally beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, one/two cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until finally rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Things each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and spot peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour in excess of the peppers.
- Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, right up until heated via and cheese is melted and bubbly.