It’s asparagus season, and I can’t get enough of it. Roasting asparagus brings out its greatest. The suggestions get a small crispy in the oven, which I enjoy, and the flavor is far more concentrated than it would be if you steamed or sauted it.
Roasted asparagus is the best springtime side dish, whether for brunch or dinner. As a bonus, it’s basic to throw with each other while your primary dish cooks on the stove.
For these images, I decked out my asparagus with lemon, mint, red pepper flakes and the lightest shaving of Parmesan.
You can maintain your roasted asparagus as straightforward as you’d like. I included the fundamental recipe under, plus tips for changing up the seasonings!
How to Store Asparagus
Professional tip: Place your asparagus in a hefty-bottomed jar or drinking glass when you get home, and add a couple inches of water. You can location a plastic bag in excess of the top to retain highest freshness.
Then, store the asparagus like this in your fridge. It will stay fresh for several days longer this way!
How to Prep Asparagus
The ends of asparagus can be unpleasantly hard and woody. To get rid of those components, sharply bend the asparagus close to the base.
The asparagus will snap in the correct spot. This would be a entertaining dinnertime venture for youngsters, I believe.
How to Roast Asparagus
Roasting asparagus is super straightforward and quick! Merely toss your ready asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I like to do this on a massive, rimmed baking sheet (affiliate hyperlink) lined with parchment paper for effortless clean-up.
Bake till the asparagus is effortlessly pierced through by a fork, which will fluctuate dependent on the thickness of your asparagus. Pencil-thin asparagus, like the sort shown right here, will be carried out in as little as ten minutes. Thicker asparagus will want amongst 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll discover all of these particulars in the recipe beneath.
How to Season Asparagus
Right here are some ideas for flavors that will complement your roasted asparagus. Keep it easy and select just one or two. Or go all-out like I did, and use all four of the 1st ideas.
- Lemon zest and/or lemon wedges
- Sprinkle of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Modest handful of fresh mint or parsley, finely chopped
- Light sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Pat or two of butter
- Light drizzle of balsamic reduction or thick balsamic vinegar
- Toasted sliced almonds
Additional asparagus? Here are some recipes that will use it up:
Looking more straightforward roasted side dishes? Try these:
Please allow me know how your roasted asparagus turns out in the feedback! I’m really looking forward to hearing how you serve it.
Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Writer: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: two to 4 servings one x
- Category: Side Dish
- Technique: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
4.9 from 17 testimonials
Discover how to make flawlessly roasted asparagus right here! This roasted asparagus recipe is a fantastic springtime side dish that everybody will love. You can season it nevertheless you’d like. You’ll find my seasoning recommendations below. Recipe yields two huge or 4 modest side servings.
- 1 large bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus
- one to two teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (if you sharply bend the asparagus near the base, it will snap in the correct location). Discard the ends.
- Spot the asparagus on the sheet and drizzle with one to 2 teaspoons olive oil, just adequate to lightly coat the asparagus. Sprinkle salt and pepper above the asparagus, and toss till the spears are lightly coated in oil. Organize the spears in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake just till the base of the asparagus is simply pierced through by a fork. Very thin asparagus, like the sort proven here, will get as small as 9 to 12 minutes, whereas thicker asparagus will need to have 15 to twenty minutes.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and season nevertheless you’d like. You could maintain it simple with a squeeze of lemon juice, or a sprinkle of Parmesan, or add a pat of butter or drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Roasted asparagus is greatest served when it’s fresh out of the oven, but it will hold at area temperature for up to 1 hour or up to 4 days in the refrigerator (gently reheat before serving).
Make it dairy free/vegan: Don’t include Parmesan or butter.
Make it nut free of charge: Don’t add almonds.